Plasma

July.31.2009

This is a watercolor pencil sketch that I fleshed out in photoshop. The sketch was red, then I layered texture from a leaf (that’s how I got the “plasma”, didn’t draw that part at all!) It was a fun, easy process…now if only my tablet pen wasn’t dying and could draw a straight line!

0 comments

CySci

July.11.2009

This is a mixed media sketchbook page from last year, mainly with acrylic and scrap paper. It still needs some work, but this is where it stands after some photoshop polishing.

0 comments

Relief Prints

July.9.2009

All of these were done during my printmaking class, in editions of five (with extras made in some cases.) Most of these are available for sale.

intaglio print from copperplate etching, 8″x10″. I also did a few with spot watercolor, and one with silver-foil in the triangles. When I get around to it, I’ll update with an example.

Linoblock print on handmade paper, 14″x14″.

Collograph print, 10″x14″ (this edition was done in various colors and without color, this is just the only one I have scanned.)

Watercolor monoprint, 5″x7″. I did 4 other masks in a similar style, this turned out to be my favorite.

Oil monoprint, 9″x7″. This was also printed with different color combos, different duck placements, etc. I think the cloud and water made this one stand out.

0 comments

Canvas journal

July.7.2009

Bookarts,Craft. 12:16.am

The latest endeavor is this journal made of scrap canvas that was too thin for anything else. I collected some flowers to paint from for the front and back covers. Just acrylic paint with bright pink gouache on the cover. Now I get to plan how to paint the pages!

0 comments

Raver

June.23.2009

Illustration. 3:25.pm

After more than one photo shooting attempting, many de-cat hair dustings, and using nearly every light stand I have…the final is here!

It is all paper and a lot of careful gluing, with acrylic on the board and mica pigments (“glitter”) on the black wall. Some gouache was used on the guys skin because I don’t have the right paper color, so I made my own. The floor has curled paper swirls holding up frosted mylar that I coated with matte medium to take the transparency down. Evidently, glue works even better because you can tell where the papers meet.

The only process shots I have. I kept with the pink swirl, but as the piece developed the yellow wasn’t working. Her vest also met a green marker for the same reason. Luckily, all this made for minimal digital work.

2 comments

« Previous PageNext Page »